Greetings and Salutations,
I hope when you read this post that your heart is in a good place. We have so much going on this month it's really going to be hectic. So in my meditation, I got the inspiration to ask you to make this May a Mindful Month for you. Here is the definition of mindfulness:
The quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
"their mindfulness of the wider cinematic tradition"
A mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Wow, doesn't that sound like a nice state for your mind? Wouldn't it be nice to have mindfulness for 5-10 min a day?
Guess what? YOU CAN!! All you have to do this May is to follow this simple check list below:
1. Upon going to bed or starting your day, take a few minutes (10 minutes would be ideal) and focus on your heart. Close your eyes and do nothing except to listen to your breathing and focus on you.
2. Follow your hunches - you have no reason to doubt yourself so if you "feel" like something is a good move and there is no danger, then follow your hunch. Start off small - like around the your home - and just explore how you feel. Start to learn to trust yourself.
3. Drink at least 32 oz of water every 24 hours. You can always do more but this is to get your body accustomed to being hydrated.
4. Make a choice to allow for at least 6-8 hours of sleep starting this month. Start off once again with baby steps. If you're only getting 4 hours of sleep a night, then work your way up to at least 6 hours straight a night. Invest in sleep equipment like comfy sheets, pillows, and yes, scented candles (to burn before you go to sleep to relax you - never leave a candle burning unattended!). Also, come up with a nightly routine that helps you unwind.
5. Take a daily picture and use the #candlesbyari to show me how you're doing! You do not have to do selfie of yourself but what is going on around you that symbolizes positive change in your life. Tag me on Instagram or Facebook and I'll check it out!
Mindfulness is a choice and we all have free will, so use your choices today to take better care of yourself.
And one more step! Listen to my show this month because on Spiritual Coaching with Ari Mac, we will be talking about being more mindful of in our daily lives all month long. We may even have a few surprises!
This month, we are using our Prosperity Forest Green candle to celebrate Taurus and the Mother Earth she represents. Here at CBA, we use a deep forest green color that really pairs well with our Sandalwood based candles. These are great Mother's day gifts because your mother is the BEST!!! Not to mention it's a calm scent that keeps everyone in a good mood. Get yours today at Candles By Ari.
Please enjoy and share one of my favorite episodes from last month:
Love and Light,