Putting in the Work
This last month has kept me on my toes. With Dads, Grads, and end of the school year, I have to say I had to put in a lot of work just to keep myself in balance. I even dedicated a show this month to this very subject of "putting in the work" and I gave out my 8 steps to success that have worked for me and my clients for years. So I would like to share them with you today.
1. Commit the time. Everything has a time and a place in your life, but in order to reach your goals, you have to put in the time. That includes research, development, and reevaluating your path to your goal. I can't tell you how many candles I made that just didn't come out the way I planned. Or about the time I thought a show would go a certain way but just didn't work out the way I thought it should. Each time I sit with a client, I learn more and more about me. Because every time you step out a little past your comfort zone, you grow. Champions are not made overnight. They endure behind the scenes when no one is watching. Working, believing, and trusting in themselves before anyone else is paying attention.
I strongly recommend affirmations because I know, for a fact, they work. Your mind needs a direction and affirming to what you want, help keep you on track. Here is a great affirmation I have used for years:
I now stop undermining myself and let go of my fear! I trust my true heart's desire to achieve my goals. Under grace in perfect way! And so it is!
2. Stay in Faith. Remind yourself everyday about the "Why" you want this goal. Keeping faith in yourself means keeping that desire burning within your being. Exercise, meditation, and simple focused breathing daily can help you stay on track.
3. Don't be afraid of failing!! That is a part of the learning curve. Everyone makes mistakes. Go in knowing you are open to learning! That way you will not be too hard on yourself when things don't go the way you planned. Know that you are learning. Just don't give up!
4. Write down your Pros and Cons. Good old pen and paper is still the best way to see your progress. It's important to write down what you are doing so you can see your results. This will help you see your progress.
5. Count your blessings. The beautiful part about staying true to yourself is that you get a chance to put yourself in a position of meeting some pretty incredible people. Going out of your comfort zone may make you find new friends in places you would have never gone before. You also get a chance to see the world with new eyes. As you get older, you have memories that no one can take a way from you. The extra special blessings may not show up fast but, when they do show up, it's usually after you realize you are, in fact, living your dream. Our friend, Priya Bradfield, took this step this month on her blog, You Know Nothing, Mommy. Counting her blessings showed her that in this world of social media, we all have things to be thankful for, even if they aren't online for the world to see.
6. Slow down. Sounds obvious, but it's one of the things I see people overlook all of the time. It's very easy to look forward but it's just as important to slow down and be in the moment. Time moves fast enough - you don't have to rush. Slow and steady is the best course of action.
7. Use your time wisely. If you know that you will have to travel, use that time to listen to motivational audio tapes on the subject you are interested in! Don't waste that time just dealing with traffic. Have something on deck to keep you motivated. If you have extra time, find a way to use it to keep you on task.
8. Be patient. You are your worst enemy and no one can hurt you more than your own negative thinking. It's important for you to think in positive ways and treat yourself like you would a really good friend. Don't beat yourself up for making a choice if it did not work out the way you planned. Just know you are learning, growing, and getting stronger every day!
These are just a few of the suggestion I would make to help you keep yourself on track. It's up to you if you want to use them. I would take one a week to get started so you can see yourself moving toward your goals.
Don't forget to check out my weekly live show Spiritual Coaching with Ari Mac every Friday at 12 noon on K4HD.com Here is one of the latest episodes:
We also just released our new Yoga candle called Dedication! It has one of the best affirmations right on the label, but it's also one of my finest creations. I combined Lemon Verbena and Lavender to make a very unique fragrance that will help anyone keep their balance. Check it out at: http://www.candlesbyari.com/product-page/dedication-meditation-candle
Don't forget to head over to mommy-blogger, Priya Bradfield. Lazy summer days may be here for the kids, but mommies never stop!
Love & Light,